NHS Attendance Procedures
Please Note: Phone dismissals cannot be accepted. We require a documented dismissal note.
- Students who plan to be dismissed during the school day should bring a written note from a parent/guardian to the main office prior to 8:15 am. The note should contain the reason for dismissal, time of dismissal, date, parent signature & phone contact. Students will be given a Dismissal Slip to show that teacher which will allow them to leave the teacher’s class. Students must sign out in the main office before they leave the building. If the student is returning after an appointment, they must return to the main office to sign back in and receive a pass to their next class. A note from a professional will excuse the time away from classes that day.
- If it is an emergency dismissal and you were unable to send a note with your student before school that day, you would need to send an email to email@example.com or come in to the main office to sign them out. Please give Ms. Dyer ample time to receive the email, find the student's location to be able to dismiss them and have them come to the main office to sign out.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation with the school's protocol requiring a written document for dismissal and appreciate your understanding that a note before school saves much time & work for the attendance personnel.
Dismissals are managed by Ms. Dyer at x5001.
You do NOT need to call in your student’s absence.
- If your student is absent, you will receive an automated phone call indicating your student is absent. If there is a discrepancy, you may call the main office and speak with Ms. Vicki Dyer (x5001). Please give ample time for the absence to be changed to a tardy if your student was tardy and signed in to the main office.
- The only excused absences will be those that have a note from a professional or documentation of attending approved events.
Absences are managed by Ms. Dyer at x5001. If you have any questions about absences, please call or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You do NOT need to call in your student’s tardy.
- Your student should report to the main office upon arrival if tardy and sign in. They will get tardy pass to class. If the teacher marked your student absent due to arriving tardy to class after they took attendance, you may receive an absence message if the front office does not change it to a tardy in time, but you do not need to call to correct this if you know your student was tardy. The main office will automatically update that absence to a tardy if your student signed in at the main office.
- The only excused tardy will be those that have a note from a professional or documentation of attending approved events.
Tardies are managed by Ms. Dyer at x5001 or email@example.com