The mission of the Newburyport Public Schools, the port where tradition and innovation converge, is to ensure each student achieves intellectual and personal excellence and is equipped for life experiences through a system distinguished by students, staff, and community who:
- Practice kindness and perseverance
- Celebrate each unique individual
- Value creative, experiential and rigorous educational opportunities, scholarly pursuits, and life-long learning
- Provide nurturing environments for emotional, social, and physical growth
- Understand and embrace their role as global citizens
There is no assigned book for summer reading but we want you to read, read, read!
You will be keeping track of how much time you spend reading.
Choose books that are thrilling, funny, dramatic, or deep.Try new authors, read with a friend, read at the beach, or with a flashlight under the stars. Whatever you do, READ!
Assignment Due this Fall: Choose something you read and create a book spine to add to our all-school bookshelf display!