Preschool and Pre-kindergarten Registration Overview
Registration for returning and new students begins in February. A lottery takes place in March. If all slots are filled, students registering after the lottery process are placed on a waitlist.
In-person registration will take place at the Bresnahan School Office located at 333 High Street.
Priority Registration is for:
- Returning students who are currently enrolled in one of the Bresnahan School preschool programs this year and who will be entering into their second year of preschool.
- Siblings of current and former students who have attended the Newburyport Public Schools Integrated Preschool Program (whether at the Brown or Bresnahan School).
- Returning students will be given priority over new siblings.
- February 8, 2022 – February 15, 2022 (school days only) between 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
New Student Registration
- Registration for new students
- February 15, 2022 – March 4, 2022
- $300.00 Registration fee, check or money order made payable to the Newburyport Public Schools (no cash or credit accepted)
- Newburyport Public Schools Enrollment Form
- Confidential Health Form
- Certification of Address Form
- Home Language Survey
- Preschool Parent Questionnaire
- Preschool Application
- Medicaid Consent Form
Please make copies of each of the following before submitting your application.
- Your child’s birth certificate
- Your child’s most recent health record including a lead test, immunization, and physical (or MA Health Form)
- Proof of Newburyport Residency (must be one of the following: utility bill, ex: water bill, electricity bill, cable bill, mortgage/lease agreement)
A preschool lottery was held on Wednesday, March 16, 2022. If there are more applicants than slots available, a waiting list is formed. New students registering after the registration period will be given a lottery number at the time of registration.